Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Are you still running?
How's your running going?

I get that a bit. 

Maybe I'm imagining it... But I'm pretty sure there are some who pegged me for a quitter. Or a band-wagon kinda gal. 

So when they ask... "Are you still running?"
I hear ... "Bet you're not running anymore!!!" Or "that little fad didn't last long". 

When I tell them it's going great... Five half marathons behind me and two more coming up this year... I'm sure I see a flinch of surprise. I definitely see a flinch of regret. Regret that they didn't stick to what ever they started. Regret that they fell of the band-wagon. 

When those people ask me "how's your running going" ... It's with hope. 
Not hope for me... But hope for them. Hoping I'll say I gave up... Making them feel a whole lot better. 

And they will feel better. For a bit. 

Tell you what feels waaaay better than celebrating someone's failures... Celebrating their successes. 

Feels waaaay better. Not just for a bit either. But for a long, long time. 

Even makes you feel good enough to get back on the bandwagon AND get others to go along for the ride. 

Giddy up. Lace up. Run.