Tuesday, 6 May 2014

I TOLD YOU SO - I'm useless.

I never let myself think that I'm fit enough, good enough, clever enough, funny enough ... too be successful.

I call it "Managing Expectations."

I met a therapist a few years ago who laughed and said ...

"Nope.  You're not managing expectations.  You're taking out an insurance policy.  So that you can say to yourself ... I TOLD YOU SO.  So that when something doesn't work out, at least you can say I TOLD YOU SO ... I'm useless."

I'm terrified of living life without my insurance policies.

But last Friday night ... the night before the Rotorua Half Marathon .... I didn't sign the insurance policy.  So, without it, I had to allow myself thoughts of hopefulness and excitement and positivity.
It was hard.  It was tough to do.

But I did it.

And I had the run of my life.  Bestest.  Fastest.  Happiest.

I TOLD YOU SO - I can run a half marathon.