Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Getting the running pass out.

I've written about this before.

I have got to do everything I can so that I can step out the door on a run night guilt free.

I'm a homemaker. That's my job. I'm a wife and a mother. And like any other job I just can't walk out with it all in a mess and it all undone. If I did ... my running would impact my family and they would resent it. And if they resented me running... Well... It doesn't even bare thinking about.

So on Tuesdays and Thursdays I. Go. Hard. Hard out.

I play all the kids favourite games... I do every scrap of washing... I cook their favourite dinners... I wash every dish and wipe the bench so clean you could lick it. I get the bath ready and turn down the beds. I place pjs on pillows and pick the books I'll read when I get back.

Then hubby walks in the door. He smells dinner... He sees it on the table... He senses happy and settled kids ... And all he has to do is sit down and eat.

And all I have to do is ...

Run.