Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Running is not for wimps.


I just got back from my Tuesday night 7k run with Nicky.  And I just said to my husband ... running is hard.  It's so hard.

It gets results.  It feels INCREDIBLE afterwards.  Oh but it is hard.

It's not like when you're on a bike... where you can stop peddling and just have a breather.  It's constant.  Constant feet pounding, heart pumping, lungs bursting.

So why do I do it? Because running is not for wimps.

I love that I am strong enough to run.  Strong enough to say no to the temptation of lying on the couch.

And because I'm strong enough to run ... everything else seems easy.  Like an unbearable critique at work.  Man ... I have run a half marathon ... that's constant RUNNING for 2 hours and 14 minutes ... I can sit through 20 minutes of a critique.  I can get through a root canal, a bust up with a friend, no sleep with sick kids, 5am starts ... I can get through it all.

Cos running is not for wimps.