Tuesday, 10 July 2012

I love my running watch.

It was a gift from my friend who knows how incredibly competitive I am.

I really am competitive. I love being awesome at scrabble. I love discovering the next big thing...first.

But what I didn't know was just how competitive I am with myself.

Until I put that watch on and ran with it for the first time.

I won't ever go back. If I run a certain distance in a certain time I will do everything I can with everything I have to either match it or better it.

Like the other night when Nicky and I ran THAT hill. We were both finding the run tough right from the start. She said at one point..."let's just get to the first corner". I nodded. But there was no way I was ever going to stop at the first corner. I have run that hill. I will run it again. So when I kept running after the first corner, Nicky said "Girl you are dogged determined".

That would have to be the best compliment anyone has ever, ever given me. When she said it I instantly glowed with utter satisfaction.

Yes. Yes I am. Dogged determined.

Find that in you. Map out a run. Time it. And never go back.