Sunday, 3 June 2012

What to expect...

Have you woken up ready to run?

Ok.

You need to know this.

It will hurt.

It hurts everyone.

It's not just you.

Claire who joined our running group yesterday ran 4 kms with the group.  Easy.  Didn't even break a sweat.  Know this though ... Claire went for her first run in February.  Her words... "I actually believed I was dying."  But she went out again.  And again.  And again.

Don't think when you're out there that the lung burn is just unique to you ... think this...

"My lungs are burning because I'm running.  This is my first run.  My lungs will never burn like this again.  If running was easy, everyone would be doing it and everyone would be wearing their skinny jeans. "

The first run is a bit of shock really.

Please don't let that put you off going out again.

Click here for HOW TO START

And remember ... SLOW.  Slower than what you think.  And when you are going slow, slow down again.

Get your mantras sorted.  Use the one above.  And here's another one...

"This is only a few minutes of my life.  It's a dot on the whole day.  I can stop when I'm done."


And


" The ONLY excersise that will melt away my fat is running.  This is melting my fat away."


And


"I'm running.  I'm a runner now.  I'll eat well.  I'll sleep well.  I'm a runner."

And promise me you'll go out again.