Wednesday, 13 June 2012

From wanting to doing...

I bumped into an old friend the other night! She's been reading this blog!!! That's so cool right.  She said she really wants to do it.  She really wants to tie up her hair, put on her shoes and run.

Do you?  Do you really want to do it too?

I got this message the other day.  You have to read it.

It will propel you from wanting to do it ... to doing it.


Hi Kath, I listen to you on the Breeze radio station every day at work. I gave up smoking 10 years ago and never bothered to much about my weight as I was pleased to be rid of the habbit, but now in my late fortys I have realised that to continue to live on this planet and enjoy my own, my husband and our wonderful adult sons lives I need to take control of my eating habbits and add a whole lot of excerise into my life. Like you I have never been or never wanted to be a runner! So after hearing you talk an AWFUL lot about how running changed your life, I poped onto the website to have a look and guess what, with the help of my dear friend also named Nicki I have started running and yes after reading your blogs consider myself a runner now. I have also been running with my older son which has been fantastic for our relationship and my husband also follows me on his bike to keep me company when Nicki and my son can't run with me. I think your advice on having a running buddy is key to this whole experience because its easy to let yourself down and not go for that run, but its hard to let other people down. Today for the first time I am becoming a running buddy for my sister as we start on day 1, week 1 of her new running life. A big THANK YOU Kath for all the blogging and encourgement you give out, dont stop because you are changing peoples lives. Keep up the great work you have created a chain reaction. 


Run.  
Right now.  
Enough of Facebook.  Enough of Trade Me.  Enough of eating chips.  Enough.
Run.  
Right now.