Saturday, 26 May 2012

It's Saturday morning! I started this running group last year ... for women who had never EVER run.  I wanted them to know what it was like to claim their life back by simply ... running.

And I know how hard it is to make that leap from "I don't run" to "I run".

If you are thinking of starting ... click HERE to read about how to get started, how to keep going and how to get it done.

So it started small.  And now all up we have 30 women who turn up when they can.

It has been incredible to see women who have NEVER run ... making just enough progress every week and now most of them running 5ks, some training for 10ks and some even dreaming of half marathons!

And today ... Liz who started as an absolute beginner took out a new lot of beginners so that I could bust out a run with the women who had moved to the intermediate group.  It really is a wonderful thing.  This moving, growing, changing running group.

And today ... I ran with Red, Kathy, Brenda, Keryn, and Peggy.  Red and Kathy are training for the 10ks in June.  Red and Kathy had NEVER run.  And here they were ... training for a 10k.  It really is a wonderful thing.

If you want to be inspired ... read about these women.

Kathy

Paula

Liz

Run.